Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A List of Simple Joys

Spring has arrived!

Green grass! Flowers! Baby animals! Sunshine and warm temperatures! The better of my two personalities! Gardening! Motherfarking weeds! Why are weeds so obnoxious?

Seriously, I was all, "OMG! It's green! And warm! And holy hell, look at all those weeds I need to pull. Crap."

In honor of my love of wretched winter being over, I present you with a list of simple things that make me happy. Perhaps some of them will bring you joy as well.

20 Simple Ways I Find Joy

1. Fresh color in my home and in the world outside.




2. Time spent with the smiles and laughter of my friends and family.

3. The smell of this hand soap- Mrs. Meyers Honeysuckle scent- it's lovely.



4. Driving with the radio up and the windows down.

5. The sound of birds chirping, the smell of fresh cut grass and the vision of Brock finally finishing my Zen Den.



6. Cold beer and wine spritzers on the patio. (And apparently toy guns and dandelions.)



7. Barbecues in the back yard and marshmallows roasted over the campfire.

8. Longer daylight hours- more time for long walks with the diggity dogs!



9. This video series, made by my friend.



10. Spending time with these dudes.



11. Cowboy boots and jeans, ALWAYS AND FOREVER.



12. The ability to go outside without shoes or a coat. (Yes, my kids are playing in a stock tank- so what?)



13. A new lawnmower that actually starts when you turn it on and doesn't backfire when you turn it off.



14. Lip gloss and mascara. Pedicures and sandals. Aviator sunglasses and Gucci Guilty. 

15. Saying to my kids, "Go play outside" and having them do it without whining.



16. Starting and finishing projects around the house. (See before and after below)





17. Nights I don't have to cook. 

18. Hearing someone say "I love you!"- particularly one of these guys.



19. To sleep until I want to be done sleeping. To read until I want to be done reading.

20. Baby animals and PONIES! (Even when they are shedding profusely.)





Happy Spring, everyone!
Peace, Love and Unicorns,
Johi

What simple things make you happy?

3 comments:

  1. Being able to read blogs that I love completely uninterrupted. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Zen Den---love ALL the pictures. You live in a beautiful place. Ok, I'm ready to move in now….I'll even bring the beer and wine spritzers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!!! I love the happiness of these thoughts. Especially the one involving beer. :)

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete